couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Eddelbüttel <joc...@eddelbuettel.net>
Subject CornerCouch: AngularJS module for CouchDB
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 00:48:31 GMT
Hello (CouchDB)-World!

I’ve just completed uploading my sample CouchApp to IrisCouch.

The preliminary documentation (yes, there is some already) is on my web
space at:

http://www.eddelbuettel.net/html5/cornercouch.html

I am a complete open source noob. Learning CouchDB and AngularJS at age 46
hasn’t left any room for GitHub, yet.

With the CouchBase site conceding the http-API and CouchApp domain to the
Apache project, I think AngularJS can give this development approach a
tremendous boost. No cross-site scripting restrictions when you’re loading
the app from the CouchDB itself.

So please check out the results of my effort. I’ve been up way to late
recently (it’s 1:30 AM again). And there isn’t even any professional benefit
for the work at my employer in it. It just happened out of restless (or
RESTful) curiosity. If Windows clients go down the drain (with Silverlight
having jumped first), the HTML5 browser + ECMA JavaScript + great Libraries
(jQuery, Angular) might just be the future.

Cheers,

Jochen, Hamburg (Germany, of course)