couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dustin Sallings <>
Subject Re: Get all documents of a certain type.
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 22:10:35 GMT
"Kevin Burton" <>

> In my Couch database I have a mixture of documents. The documents that I am
> interested in have an Id of 'product-xxxxxxx' or 'order-xxxxxx'. The
> "product" documents have a property of SKU that is a string. I would like to
> form a query to get a list of all the product SKUs. Does this require a view
> in the design document or can it be done all in one request? Thank you.

  Your "or" doesn't make sense there.  You can do it with or without a
view and in either case you can do it in one request.

  It looks like you can probably just use alldocs with a start and end
key specified limiting to the doc IDs that start with "product-".

  You could also build a view that maps sku -> [something] for all
documents of type product and then traverse that.  The value could be
null, or something you might want to know when looking at a sku.

  Or if you have different ways of looking at products, you could use
that as the key and the sku as the value and chop it up more neatly from

View raw message