couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "matt j. sorenson" <m...@sorensonbros.net>
Subject Re: Executing a view
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 18:02:38 GMT
On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM, <rkevinburton@charter.net> wrote:

> Here is the view that I created with Futon:
>
> {
>
>    "by-sku": {
>
>        "map": "function(doc) {\n if (doc._id.indexOf('product-') === 0)
> {\n  emit(doc.SKU, null);\n }\n}\n"
>
>    },
>
>    "_all": {
>
>        "map": "function(doc) {\n                      if
> (doc._id.indexOf('product-') === 0) {\n emit(null, null);\n
>      }\n                    }"
>
>    }
>
> }
>
> Like I indicated earlier I can run the view using curl and it runs fairly
> fast and gives me results. The document that is stored using Hammock only
> is my local model Hammock hides the id.

According the Hammock wiki, there's an interface that may be implemented on
your class(es) to change this particular behavior of Hammock.

The Load and Save methods take as an argument the id which I don't know.
> Besides I want all of the documents that match the pattern in the id so I
> don't want to just Load a single document.

Given Hammock's apparent syntax, I might assert that a view 'by-sku' would
be expecting a 'sku' query argument, perhaps something like:

  var r = new Repository<Product>(s);
  var skus = r.Where(x => x.Sku).List();

Alternatively, I'd wonder if something simple like this might be supported:

  var skus = r.Get<Sku>(s);

Inquiring on the projects issue queue or emailing the authors of Hammock
would surely yield the answer much quicker and more accurately.

--
matt