couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "matt j. sorenson" <m...@sorensonbros.net>
Subject Re: Executing a view
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 22:34:36 GMT
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Kevin Burton <rkevinburton@charter.net>wrote:

> Thank you. I saw the github link but my question is not really an "issue".
> picture "issues" as being bugs. This isn't a bug. As for the first URL I
> saw
> that also. But it doesn't show how to execute a view it just shows that one
> is automatically created. Anyone have a more definitive answer?

My interpretation is that it both creates the view and then executes it,
returning the results. My interpretation is based on the continuation line
that reads "And then execute a request against that view, using the
parameters specified:"

Have you found this not to be the case? If it's not returning the expected
results, then I'd say filing an issue, even if it's more inquiry than
issue, is perfectly acceptable.

cheers
--
matt