couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stoo Goff <stoo.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remote view looks different to localhost
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 13:40:02 GMT
I used database/_all_docs?include_docs=true and piped it to a file. It's
very handy being able to do that!

I've killed the process and restarted Couch and it seems to be using the
dataset that I want, which is good.

I think what happened is when I changed the bind value to the external IP I
either started a new instance then or the old instance didn't shut down
correctly.

Thanks a lot for everyone's help!

On 7 November 2012 13:31, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd be very careful here. Assuming database_dir is the same for both
> instance, only one of them is pointing to the same data that the filesystem
> is. If it's not the one you want, do not stop either instance, use the
> /proc/<pid>/fd links to find the actual data and copy it out. Verify it by
> copying that data to another server before you stop either instance.
>

> On 7 November 2012 13:20, Stoo Goff <stoo.goff@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > OK, that definitely is the case. I've used /etc/init.d/couchdb stop to
> stop
> > the server. ps ax shows one instance running now. If I make a request
> using
> > curl on the server it gives me the same results I've been seeing all
> along,
> > if I do it from the remote machine I get a failure to connect to host
> >
> > So there were definitely two instances running. The currently running
> > instance has the correct data. If I stop the remaining instance of couch
> > and restart which set of data will I end up with?
> >

> > On 7 November 2012 13:11, Stoo Goff <stoo.goff@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I think you might have it...
> > >
> > > 16592 ?        S    267:59 /usr/lib/erlang/erts-5.8/bin/beam -Bd -K
> true
> > > -- -root /usr/lib/erlang -progname erl -- -home /var/lib/couchdb --
> > > -noshell -noinput -sasl errlog_type error -couch_ini
> > > /etc/couchdb/default.ini /etc/couchdb/local.ini
> /etc/couchdb/default.ini
> > > /etc/couchdb/local.ini -s couch -pidfile /var/run/couchdb/couchdb.pid
> > -heart
> > > 17665 ?        S    202:21 /usr/lib/erlang/erts-5.8/bin/beam -Bd -K
> true
> > > -- -root /usr/lib/erlang -progname erl -- -home /var/lib/couchdb --
> > > -noshell -noinput -sasl errlog_type error -couch_ini
> > > /etc/couchdb/default.ini /etc/couchdb/local.ini
> /etc/couchdb/default.ini
> > > /etc/couchdb/local.ini -s couch -pidfile /var/run/couchdb/couchdb.pid
> > -heart

> > sure

> > date

> > mean

> > replicated
> on
> all

> {"db_name":"muninn","doc_count":25,"doc_del_count":33,"update_seq":1194,"purge_seq":0,"compact_running":false,"disk_size":16826462,"instance_start_time":"1351793407368363","disk_format_version":5}

> {"db_name":"muninn","doc_count":9,"doc_del_count":34,"update_seq":102,"purge_seq":0,"compact_running":false,"disk_size":16826462,"instance_start_time":"1352219217053672","disk_format_version":5}

With the