couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: immutable _id's
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 18:46:39 GMT
On 21 November 2012 16:12, Jim Klo <jim.klo@sri.com> wrote:
> Okay, say I did this. In the validate_doc_update, if someone tries to delete a doc, would
I be able to modify the new doc and remove the _deleted field and just empty the doc myself
- basically creating my own tombstone?

> - Jim

No, VDUs are a pass/throw result only, no modification allowed. You
might be able to fake this by sending your DELETEs to a custom update
handler, and some jigery pokery to prevent normal document DELETEs
being accepted within the VDU apart from via your update handler; not
sure if that's possible though so your fallback would be blocking
inbound DELETEs using a reverse proxy.

A+
Dave