couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: help with rewrite
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 01:17:49 GMT
On 1 November 2012 01:41, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:

> I've just started working on a futon replacement called "ftn" (
> https://github.com/mark-hahn/ftn).  It is a couch app built with kanso.  I
> need to start my app by referencing a design doc like _design/ftn and then
> inside my app make ajax calls to a different db.
>
> Right now I have to start the app with something like
> http://domain:5984/ftn/_design/ftn/idx.htm.  I obviously would like to use
> the vhost and rewrite feature to start the app with something shorter.  I
> can't figure out how to do this because any ajax call in my app for a
> different db would also be sent to my ftn db due to the vhost.
>
> Can someone figure out how I can use a short url instead of
> http://domain:5984/ftn/_design/ftn/idx.htm?

Looks like some nice work Mark. Please check over on dev@ there's already
some work going on in this vein, we'd love to see you contribute there!

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201210.mbox/%3CC4A1A200-C7CE-498D-91CB-C84ED7405EE2@redcometlabs.com%3E
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201210.mbox/%3CCAFUSCh-en-K44NBmy=WYVJGkwgkA_Nepb6zcC_V5_2_fSA024Q@mail.gmail.com%3E

> P.S.  How does futon get away with a URL with just the path _utils?  Can I
> do this with something like _ftn and have it fire up my couch app?

https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/etc/couchdb/default.ini.tpl.in#L124is
the magic pixie dust. Either point towards the filesystem or take a
read
of http://davispj.com/2010/09/26/new-couchdb-externals-api.html and see if
you can use that to proxy directly to a couchapp. I think Ryan has a fix
for this as well?

A+
Dave