couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Lucas Toulouse <lucas.toulo...@cozycloud.cc>
Subject Separation between User and DB. (Config 1.2.0)
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 11:21:25 GMT
Hello,
I'm a Lucas, I have few questions on the configuration of Couchdb Users.

I try to create a Couch with an user = a DB
And configure user rights according to that. (ie An user can only write and
read his own Db)

(it's for backup purpose, i have  user who have a couchdb in default
config, and they push a ponctual (not continuons, every 24H) replication on
a single backup couchdb)

I success to installing, configure my couchDb Admin_server, configure an
user

But

  *  The item roles : [ ] Why is the possible config? It's just a label or
it's do anything?

  *  How to protect database to be read by other user that doesn't own the
DB in my architecture.

  *  It is possible to 'hide' the db name  ?

  *  In my case, is it more useful to have a DBuser or a DBadmin ?

Thank's a lot for reading me (and take few time to answer me)

Lucas T.