couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject help with rewrite
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 00:41:00 GMT
I've just started working on a futon replacement called "ftn" (
https://github.com/mark-hahn/ftn).  It is a couch app built with kanso.  I
need to start my app by referencing a design doc like _design/ftn and then
inside my app make ajax calls to a different db.

Right now I have to start the app with something like
http://domain:5984/ftn/_design/ftn/idx.htm.  I obviously would like to use
the vhost and rewrite feature to start the app with something shorter.  I
can't figure out how to do this because any ajax call in my app for a
different db would also be sent to my ftn db due to the vhost.

Can someone figure out how I can use a short url instead of
http://domain:5984/ftn/_design/ftn/idx.htm?

P.S.  How does futon get away with a URL with just the path _utils?  Can I
do this with something like _ftn and have it fire up my couch app?