couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: Best way to disable compaction for a database?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:31:03 GMT
Nathan Vander Wilt wrote:

> I'm happy with the default "compactions" setting for most of my databases (e.g. db_fragmentation
70%) but would like to turn autocompaction off for a particular database. What is the recommended
way of doing this? If I set _config/compactions/mydb to "[{db_fragmentation, "100%"}]" will
that have the desired effect, or is there a more explicit parameter for disabling?

I'm not sure, but I'd like to know why you want to disable automatic compaction for a particular
database. Maybe there's another way to scratch your itch.

Nils.