couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Zedeler" <mich...@zedeler.dk>
Subject Re: how do u handle "schema" changes ?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:56:08 GMT
> i know it may sound self-contradictory for couchdb being schemaless ..

Yes, but nevertheless, we have the same issue.

> but documents that go into it do have structure/schema.
> And once that changes - simplest example being renaming of some field -
> what's the recipe?

Our recipe is a small script that iterates over every document in the
database that modifies it to comply with the new schema. We do this as
part of upgrading the system living on top of CouchDB.

Besides this, we have a single document containing the schema version and
some status fields indicating if an upgrade is running or if it has been
run failed.

Regards,

Michael.