couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <rkevinbur...@charter.net>
Subject Exist test?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 18:22:36 GMT
I am calling CreateDocument<Document>() but I suspect that testing if the document exists
first may perform better in the long run. I am using DreamSeat for my driver but I suspect
other drivers have a similar "test". My problem is that I don't know what to test for and
I am unfamiliar with the available methods. Any one successfully use such a pattern (preferably
with DreamSeat) that tests for existence then creates if the document doesn't exist? Keep
in mind I don't initially have an id. Thank you.