couchdb-user mailing list archives

From arth...@mac.com
Subject Re: Get all documents of a certain type.
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 00:54:55 GMT
Hi to all,

I'm from The Netherlands, but try this in English.

I do follow the forum of Couchdb for about two years after reading an
article of Jan Lehnardt of VPRO about it. I more and more get
interested in using this for websites, but where do I start from?

Got two questions:

1. I guess that Couchdb could be very usefull in developing a job/cv
website because of the different kinds of documents that are used
around the jobmarket, e;g. doc, pdf, weblinks, twitterlinks, txt...
Is this right and more usefull than php/mysql db's?

2. Where is the definite start to learn Couchdb, from first step? Is
it comparible with php learning, is it a steep learncurve? Which
skills does one need?

With best regards, Arthur

Op 7-nov-2012, om 1:09 heeft Kevin Burton het volgende geschreven: