couchdb-user mailing list archives

From rkevinbur...@charter.net
Subject Re: Executing a view
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 16:27:23 GMT

Here is the view that I created with Futon:

{

    "by-sku": {

        "map": "function(doc) {\n if (doc._id.indexOf('product-') === 0)
{\n  emit(doc.SKU, null);\n }\n}\n"

    },

    "_all": {

        "map": "function(doc) {\n                      if
(doc._id.indexOf('product-') === 0) {\n
emit(null, null);\n                      }\n                    }"

    }

}

Like I indicated earlier I can run the view using curl and it runs
fairly fast and gives me results. The document that is stored using
Hammock only is my local model Hammock hides the id. The Load and Save
methods take as an argument the id which I don't know. Besides I want
all of the documents that match the pattern in the id so I don't want to
just Load a single document.

<rkevinburton@charter.net
<javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('rkevinburton@charter.net')>

<javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('rkevinburton@charter.net')>
>wrote:

> I have created a new view and I want to execute it. This view takes no
> parameters it returns every node that has a specific id. Since the id
> is
> not
> part of the document there is no LINQ query that I can execute. My
> case
> does
> not match the example so it is comparing apples to oranges.

How do you mean, "the id is not part of the document"..? And how did you
create the view?... perhaps paste your snippet to a gist and share it.
Again, I don't have an environment for this, but I gather that if you
have
an instance of Hammock's Repository class and the name of the view, you
ought to be able to run Load, List, etc on it.