couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Burton" <rkevinbur...@charter.net>
Subject RE: Executing a view
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 22:42:52 GMT
I have created a new view and I want to execute it. This view takes no
parameters it returns every node that has a specific id. Since the id is not
part of the document there is no LINQ query that I can execute. My case does
not match the example so it is comparing apples to oranges.

-----Original Message-----
From: matt j. sorenson [mailto:matt@sorensonbros.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 4:35 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Executing a view

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Kevin Burton
<rkevinburton@charter.net>wrote:

> Thank you. I saw the github link but my question is not really an "issue".
> picture "issues" as being bugs. This isn't a bug. As for the first URL
> I saw that also. But it doesn't show how to execute a view it just
> shows that one is automatically created. Anyone have a more definitive
> answer?

My interpretation is that it both creates the view and then executes it,
returning the results. My interpretation is based on the continuation line
that reads "And then execute a request against that view, using the
parameters specified:"

Have you found this not to be the case? If it's not returning the expected
results, then I'd say filing an issue, even if it's more inquiry than issue,
is perfectly acceptable.

cheers
--
matt