couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Burton" <rkevinbur...@charter.net>
Subject RE: Executing a view
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 22:26:39 GMT
Thank you. I saw the github link but my question is not really an "issue". I
picture "issues" as being bugs. This isn't a bug. As for the first URL I saw
that also. But it doesn't show how to execute a view it just shows that one
is automatically created. Anyone have a more definitive answer?

-----Original Message-----
From: matt j. sorenson [mailto:matt@sorensonbros.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 4:13 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Executing a view

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Kevin Burton
<rkevinburton@charter.net>wrote:

> For the driver selection. It was a decision based on a list of .NET
> drivers listed on the CouchDB web site. If you have a suggestion of a
> .NET driver that has a user group and full documentation I would
> happily accept your suggestion. I could not see that any of the .NET
> drivers had a user group or a URL for documentation.
>
> This is again a driver question as there is no way that I know to pass
> the URL to the driver and tell it to execute it.

Belay Software links to the project's home page here
http://code.google.com/p/relax-net/

and the "support" link for Hammock from their website brings one to the
issues form here http://code.google.com/p/relax-net/issues/entry

>From the first page, it appears that when you issue the query (in linq or
nhibernate syntax? not sure, don't use the platform) that it actually
generates the view and executes it and returns the results all in that one
swoop.

hth