couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.be...@utt.fr>
Subject Re: newbie question, add new documents
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 08:39:35 GMT
> http://blog.edparcell.com/using-jquery-and-couchdb-to-build-a-simple-we
>> Since this is the very beginning of the tutorial, I suppose the author wanted you
to simply add them one by one.
>>> You can use any http library to add documents, but command line cURL is a very
good place to start off from with CouchDB.

Sorry to insist, but I think that if the author of the tutorial wanted you to use curl (or
RESTClient), he would have explained how to do it. Since he didn't, I think he wanted you
to use Futon (the user interface you've just used to create the database).

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of other opportunities for using the REST interface directly
;)

Regards,

Aurélien