couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "matt j. sorenson" <m...@sorensonbros.net>
Subject Re: newbie question, add new documents
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:57:41 GMT
> Is there any way to add ducument as the above jsons, or just add one by
>>> one from :
>>>
>>> http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/**database.html?addressbook<http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/database.html?addressbook>

I wonder if the orignal poster was looking simply for a way to add an
entire document at a time, rather than field by field, as the blog post
doesn't make it clear and I've found that it isn't immediately obvious to
new futon users (it wasn't obvious to me, I discovered it by accident) that
when editing or creating a new document, one is able to click on the
'Source' tab, then double-click in the Source area to have an editable text
area in which to type or paste an entire body of json - 1 whole document at
a time. When you already have json, this is obviously more efficient than
field by field when constrained to the futon user interface.

incidentally also a potential ux improvement for futon2 :)
--
*matt j. sorenson*