couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kanso hosting?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:12:02 GMT
Mark, I have one leg in kanso and one leg in erica right now. Both
great couchapp tools, erica is a really simple one and should be easy
to redistribute once built on windows. You would not get the build
steps that kanso has, but there are a lot of 'build tools' that might
fill the gap

ps. I just finished work to support 2 things in erica.

1. Support for a simple webstyle project. So attachments first. It
reverts back to the traditional couchapp style if detected (or
forced). So you couch push a simple folder with nothing more than an
index.html
2. Support for pushing to garden20, equivalent to kanso.

To get those features, you can build my branch here:
https://github.com/ryanramage/erica/tree/webstyle

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but garden20 is only for publishing kanso apps.

And now erica apps :)

>  While this is intriguing  it doesn't solve my problem of running kanso.

If you need an easier setup, erica might win

Ryan