couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does CouchDB support HTTP pipelining?
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 18:20:23 GMT
Its supported but only so much as to say that it won't break things.
Mochiweb uses a single Erlang process per socket which means that it
will handle each request serially. Technically it'd be possible to
notice latency differences for cheap requests, but I bet the rev
lookup requests are too dominated by the actual disk lookups for that
to be noticeable.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
> Does CouchDB 1.2 (or rather, MochiWeb) support HTTP pipelining?
>
> I’m trying to improve replication throughput when TouchDB pulls from CouchDB; performance
is often bottlenecked by GETting every revision with an individual request. I turned on pipelining
support in the iOS HTTP framework, but didn’t see any improvement, so I’m wondering if
it’s a CouchDB limitation.