couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rewrite inside of a path segment
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 07:49:39 GMT
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
> On 25/10/2012 19:50 , Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>>
>> Well first version of the rewriter was based on a function [1]. After
>> long discussions it wasn't accepted for performances reasons. I'm not
>> sure we should accept it for now until we change the js evaluation.
>

> Performance reasons would be problematic if it were the only option. But
> since this is just one option, I reckon it should be okay. Also note that
> I'd be happy to add caching at some point; I've been wondering if it should
> vary with userCtx or not (I'm leaning towards not but unsure).

I don't think it's good to have multiple options to handle rewrite.
Also most of the time you want a function is because you aren't doing
a fully restful rewriter.  I think the proposal in couchapp-ng gives
you a lot of flexibility by using regexp. At the end this is what do
most of the frameworks. And somehow is like mongrel2 at this point.

- benoit