couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GeoCouch for Apache CouchDB 1.3.x
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:33:00 GMT
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Volker Mische <volker.mische@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another point is, that GeoCouch had a few small changes after the Refuge
> fork, they would have needed to be backported. I also wanted to be based
> on the most recent version of Apache CouchDB, not the one when the
> original refactor was made.

Not sure I follow, which changes are you speaking about?
refuge_spatial is also based on the latest couchdb master  and support
KNN queries + other fixes. Can you detail them?

I will say it again but it's unfortunate you didn't want collaborate
with us on different upgrades of geocouch we made even any critics on
the patches that we provided you since the 1.2 release of couch. Each
time you did it apart.  Which is, to say less, unfortunate.

Now, I will have a look on this new version on the code and see how we
can eventually merge our changes. Hopefully in near future
collaboration can be better.

- benoit