couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can i listen to changes of whole server, not per-db?
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 07:43:15 GMT
On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:
> On 7 October 2012 07:59, svilen <az@svilendobrev.com> wrote:
>> g'day
>>
>> i'm going to have thousands of databases. They are all of similar kind,
>> but belong to different (groups of) users, so can't be bundled into one.
>> And setupping 10000 connections to couchdb/dbXXXXX/_changes doesn't
>> seem very neat, even if on same machine.
>
> Not possible today unfortunately.
>
> Has anybody got any numbers or experience on practical limits of
> _changes feeds connections to a single server?
>
> A+
> Dave

For rcouch I have written a plugin that listen on all dbs changes:

https://github.com/refuge/couch_dbupdates

It only notify you when a db is updated for any reason. Then you can
use _changes to get latest changes for this db.

I'm actually actively working on porting patches to couch and prepare
some branches. If some think it would be interesting to have it in
couch I can port it as well.

- benoƮt