couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Higham <mar...@ocasta.co.uk>
Subject Re: can i listen to changes of whole server, not per-db?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:42:27 GMT
We had a similar problem. Initially we had each database replicate
appropriate documents (via a replication filter)  to a queue database and
just listened for changes to that. The resource overhead for this when most
databases are dormant didn't make make sense. So we now have a custom
handler that invokes some python whenever a PUT, PUSH or DELETE occur to a
subset of databases. I've put this up on GitHub -
https://github.com/ocastalabs/couchdb_task_handler.

This handler is dependant on CouchDB including the document ID in the
response headers which it currently doesn't so we had to make a small
change to the CouchDB source. You can find this at
https://github.com/ocastalabs/couchdb/tree/id_and_rev_in_response_headers.
We've raised a Pull Request for this  (
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/32) and it would be great to get it
into 1.3