couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject Re: kanso hosting?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 18:53:10 GMT
I have a number of servers on AWS for my day job.  For my weekend projects
I need a free dev environment.  My wife doesn't like spending money.

I'm sure I can find a solution.  I'm working with webfaction now to see if
they can donate the hosting.

I spent a half-day trying to set up my dev environment in virtualbox on my
local PC.  But all I could find were ubuntu desktops and I just want a
headless server with SSH.  That is all I'm familiar with.  I tried to set
one up myself but it was a disaster.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Gabriel Mancini <gabriel.mancini@gmail.com
> wrote:

> AWS its very nice too
>
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 3:46 AM, Christopher Sebastian <
> csebastian3@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Mark,
> >
> > If you are looking for a good Linux web host with SSH access that
> > supports Node, CouchDB, and anything else you want, check out
> > WebFaction:
> >
> >     http://www.webfaction.com/
> >
> > They are *awesome*, and if you send a nice message to their Customer
> > Support, and explain that you are looking for free hosting for an open
> > source project, they are very likely to give it to you:
> >
> >     http://www.webfaction.com/contact/
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > ~Christopher Sebastian

> > > I don't see anyone successfully using kanso on windows in the kanso
> > forum.
> > >  I was able to power past several problems but I gave up.

> > in

> > apps.
> > kanso.

> and