couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject Re: kanso hosting?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 17:50:50 GMT
I really really want to try vagrant but I couldn't get SSH to work.  SSH
was also my big stumbling block when I tried to install ubuntu server into
virtualbox.

I know this isn't a ubuntu forum but this thread has taken me to this
point.  Someone else may find this helpful.  I posted a question on the
vagrant forum yesterday and so far there has been no response.  I'm copying
it here in case anyone can help.

I'm trying to use vagrant for first time.  I using
the walk-through process.  Virtualbox shows the vm as running.

I set up the key as the windows cmd `vagrant ssh` requested but when I try
to connect with putty is says the server refused our key.  I went through
the key conversion to ppk format.

I have open-ssh installed on windows if that makes a difference.  Also, the
key file was in a slightly different location than what the ssh command
said.

I'm using win7 64-bit. Virtualbox is 4.2.2.  Vagrant is 1.0.5.