couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rewrite inside of a path segment
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:09:20 GMT
I'm not opposed to multiple ways to rewrite, though it does make a
good case for the URL rewriter to become a plugin rather than core
(and there are other features that might be better extracted as
optional plugins).

What I am opposed to is a rewrite method that will be so slow as to be
unusable. Excluding the roundtrip to couchjs itself, it seems the
rewrite function is transferred to the view server and compiled on
every call. We do this in other places, it's true, but it's
regrettable. Would this be fast enough, though?

Finally, the native view server would also need this feature, it can't
be javascript-only.

B.