couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: eacces error
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 20:28:23 GMT
`dirname $0` in sh.

I am confused here. There are three things which are candidates for
permission errors.

The init.d script attempts to execute `couchdb` from the `couchdb` user's
shell.

The `couchdb` script itself.

The Erlang process.

When Bob mentioned the problem about not being in a guaranteed readable
dir, which one did he mean?

The `couchdb` script itself sometimes spits out files into the `pwd` so we
can't have it automatically switch dirs.

If it is the Erlang process itself, then that is another matter entirely.

Do we have to wait for OTP for that?

And what has the shell synatax Benoit quotes have to do with anything?

Sorry for my confusion.

--
NS