couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bob Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: Can I trust _replicator state in 1.2.0
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 10:35:00 GMT
I think you can, though you'll need to evaluate this.

We've been working with the latest[1] from 1.2 with reasonable results. There are still issues
with occasional hangs on long running, filtered continuous replications and I think
also with how attachments are streamed. Performance could and will get better. The replicator
touches a lot of the API so I think it's a place where lots of problems surface. For example,
using BIFs from the binary module[2] helps ibrowse and couch_http:find_in_binary run a bit
faster. When time permits these changes will find their way into CouchDB.

So I'd say give it a shot.

YMMV,

Bob

[1] https://github.com/cloudant/couch_replicator