couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Does CouchDB support HTTP pipelining?
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:15:11 GMT

On Oct 30, 2012, at 11:20 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Technically it'd be possible to
> notice latency differences for cheap requests, but I bet the rev
> lookup requests are too dominated by the actual disk lookups for that
> to be noticeable.

Well, I’ve found that getting docs in bulk (POSTing doc IDs to _all_docs?include_docs=true)
is _much_ faster than making individual GET requests, so I don’t think the disk lookup is
the limiting factor. But unfortunately I can’t do that for all the documents because _all_docs
doesn’t allow me to get the revision histories (it ignores ?revisions=true).

—Jens