couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Does CouchDB support HTTP pipelining?
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 20:54:30 GMT

On Oct 30, 2012, at 1:15 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com<mailto:paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>>
wrote:

That's an intriguing datapoint because _all_docs?include_docs=true is
the same algorithmic complexity as issuing a larger number of GET
requests. That would suggest that something in the HTTP layer is
adding significant overhead to individual requests

Interesting. I could try to write a test case in Ruby or Python — something that would first
fetch a large number of docs as individual GETs, then fetch the same docs in a single _all_docs.

I’m assuming that the ?revisions=true option doesn’t add a huge amount of overhead, since
the revision tree is already contained in the document’s b-tree node, right? So it would
just require converting the revision's history into JSON and transmitting that JSON.

—Jens