couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GeoCouch for Apache CouchDB 1.3.x
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:10:40 GMT
Hi Benoit,

On 10/25/2012 04:33 PM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Volker Mische <volker.mische@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Another point is, that GeoCouch had a few small changes after the Refuge
>> fork, they would have needed to be backported. I also wanted to be based
>> on the most recent version of Apache CouchDB, not the one when the
>> original refactor was made.
>>

> Not sure I follow, which changes are you speaking about?
> refuge_spatial is also based on the latest couchdb master  and support
> KNN queries + other fixes. Can you detail them?

One thing e.g. is the support for skip/limit. I'm also not sure if the
change, that you can query without a bounding box is in.

> I will say it again but it's unfortunate you didn't want collaborate
> with us on different upgrades of geocouch we made even any critics on
> the patches that we provided you since the 1.2 release of couch. Each
> time you did it apart.  Which is, to say less, unfortunate.

I agree that it is unfortunate and I really want more collaboration.
Though the fork happened without me noticing it. So it's not fair to say
you provided patches and I refused to work together. At least I can't
remember it happening.

> Now, I will have a look on this new version on the code and see how we
> can eventually merge our changes. Hopefully in near future
> collaboration can be better.

The result is pretty similar, the most differences is probably the
different naming of variables and the modules. And yes, I'm interested
in better collaboration.

Cheers,
  Volker