couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject GeoCouch for Apache CouchDB 1.3.x
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:31:00 GMT
Hi all,

I finally found the time to make GeoCouch work with CouchDB 1.3.x (which
is HEAD/trunk at the moment). It's on Github now [1].

Some of you might wonder, why I did the refactoring myself and haven't
used Paul Davis' work [1] or the one from the Refuge project [2]. The
most important reason for me was, that I wanted to understand and learn
how things are different now. And I learn better if I *do it*, instead
of just reading existing code.

At Couchbase we also need to change the way we are handling the
indexers, this was a good way to see and learn how Apache CouchDB is
doing it now, and if we might do it in a similar way.

Another point is, that GeoCouch had a few small changes after the Refuge
fork, they would have needed to be backported. I also wanted to be based
on the most recent version of Apache CouchDB, not the one when the
original refactor was made.

Anyway, have fun with the new version and help me finding bugs :)

[1] https://github.com/couchbase/geocouch/tree/couchdb1.3.x
[2] https://github.com/davisp/geocouch/tree/new-views/
[3] https://github.com/refuge/refuge_spatial/

Cheers,