couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Kai Griffin <k...@resourceandrevenue.com>
Subject Re: Sorting dates in CouchDB
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 19:26:32 GMT
No, I'm not sure.  I can't help but think that at least in view indexing
it's less expensive to use numbers than strings... but that's purely
instinct and not based on knowledge of how erlang works - perhaps a
hold-over from obsolete thinking on my part.  I'm often doing date calcs
and grouping by years, months, week numbers, or quarters, etc... so I've
always just felt more comfortable having them stored as dates to begin
with so there's no additional conversion process to extract those year,
month, etc values.