couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Kai Griffin <k...@resourceandrevenue.com>
Subject Re: Sorting dates in CouchDB
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 19:02:02 GMT
Hi Carl,
If I were storing dates, then I'd favour storing them as unix dates
(which are long integers), not strings; not least because it's more
efficient, but also because you leave the door open to doing something
more interesting with the dates down the track without having to parse
them to/from strings first.  That said, I think your start key should
find the first 2012-10-02 successfully, but your end-key would only find
up to 2012-12-01T23:59:59 (note that's 1 Dec, not 2 Dec), because there
is no expiry date exactly matching just 2012-12-02.  Since your query
returned no rows at all, maybe the endkey is failing entirely; not sure
why that would be.
Cheers,
Kai