couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: eacces error
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 14:44:33 GMT
This one in particular has always been a bit of a mystery to me.  Sometimes it seems to be
completely spurious.

Adam

On Oct 3, 2012, at 8:08 AM, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks for these links, no luck on my current install, but I may scrub down and start
again, as I can't really map what's going on, so probably won't be able to work out what makes
a difference!

> Martin
>

> On Wednesday, 3 October 2012 at 13:01, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
>
>> On 3 October 2012 13:35, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se (mailto:martin@thenoi.se)>
wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've recently compiled CouchDB from source, on an EC2 instance, and I'm seeing
a lot of eacces errors of the form:

>>> [Wed, 03 Oct 2012 11:32:22 GMT] [error] [<0.19.0>] {error_report,<0.9.0>,
>>> {<0.19.0>,std_error,
>>> "File operation error: eacces. Target: ./mochiweb.beam (http://web.beam). Function:
get_file. Process: code_server."}}

>>> Now I know this is a permissions issue, but I can't work out what permissions
I need to change.

>>> I've changed the owner on the data directories, ERLang directories any many more
besides, but I'm still getting the error.