couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inspiring comment about CouchDB on Hacker News
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 15:34:10 GMT
I hear you and I agree that having the merge happen out of sight is
not the way. It won't be that way, of course. The initial stuff is
fiddly but boring, which is why davisp and I are taking it on. I think
a merge branch will land in our asf repo in a reasonable but
unfinished state. At that point everyone will need to get involved. We
have pending discussions on api changes too (couchdb still has a few
warts when clustered like all_or_nothing, etc). Some of those will be
implemented, others will, rightly, be removed for good. We also will
want to look at perf regressions for single node clusters. The bc
merge itself is the beginning, not the end, of this work.

Great news on CORS. I knew you had a patch but I didn't see it land in
master or get many eyeballs yet. How does everyone feel about having
it land directly into master and have it tested there? Future releases
will be strictly feature branches and merges, but I'd be ok with an
exception here to get this long overdue feature.

Sent from the ocean floor