couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Brizic Michael (Nokia-LC/Chicago)" <michael.bri...@nokia.com>
Subject Fedora 17 yum install fails to add couchdb user
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 12:36:38 GMT
Following these instructions http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Fedora17
I received an error when trying to add the couchdb user.  The output was :

useradd: Can't get unique system UID (no more available UIDs)
useradd: can't create user
warning: user couchdb does not exist - using root
Thus, when I go to run couchdb, I cannot run it under the couchdb user as the Wiki suggests.

1.       Does anyone know why this happened?

2.       Can I still run couchdb without that user?

3.       If not, can I add the user manually?

the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
or paper files.