couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Joint - private sharing with CouchDB
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:49:13 GMT

On Sep 24, 2012, at 9:12 AM, svilen <az@svilendobrev.com> wrote:

> hey, very interesting concept.
> multiplying on the other side of things -
> instead of a service/host-app managing many users, each user-app is
> managing many (similar) services/hosts.

I agree — I really like this approach and I’m glad to see someone developing an app around
it. I believe in users having control over their data, and part of that is letting them host
it wherever they want.

On Sep 24, 2012, at 8:41 AM, 36codes <info@36codes.com> wrote:

> Currently Joint has in-app signup with Iris Couch to make it easier for those unfamiliar
with CouchDB to get started. However, I would be glad to integrate signup for other CouchDB
hosting services as well.

Good idea, but be careful not to run into the same issue with Apple that happened to several
Dropbox-compatible apps a few months ago. By embedding a Dropbox signup page (in a UIWebView)
that included options to register a paid account, they ran afoul of Apple’s restriction
against offering 3rd-party paid subscriptions in-app. Several apps had updates rejected due
to this, before Dropbox revised the landing page to include only free subscription plans.

—Jens