couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.2.0, Amazon EC@ & Amazon Linux AMI
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 14:11:20 GMT
Just by way of further info, this is the output of my make && make install command:

https://gist.github.com/3574166

I'm trying with
- CouchDB v1.2.0 from here: http://mirror.rmg.io/apache/couchdb/releases/1.2.0/apache-couchdb-1.2.0.tar.gz
- SpiderMonkey 1.85 from here: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js185-1.0.0.tar.gz
- ERLang 14B01 from here: http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B01.tar.gz

Martin

On Saturday, 1 September 2012 at 13:14, Martin Hewitt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has a successful build script/process for CouchDB 1.2.0 on an
Amazon EC2 Linux AMI instance?

> It seems to be similar to CentOS, but my usual, hardened, CentOS deployment process isn't
working - when I come to make CouchDB, I get the dreaded "couchdb implicit declaration of
function ‘INT_FITS_IN_JSVAL’" error and it bails out.

> The only difference I'm finding so far is that, in order to compile SpiderMonkey, I'm
having to download an .rpm for autoconf-2.13 as the Amazon yum repos don't seem to have it,
where the CentOS repos do.

> However, all the steps complete satisfactorily, and SpiderMonkey compiles, but by the
time I get to make-ing CouchDB, I get the above error.