couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Hommers <thomas.homm...@ebalu.com>
Subject RE: CouchDB and Elasticsearch on same machine
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 12:50:39 GMT
Hi Luke,

thanks, that's a great idea. I will follow this advice.

How about memory and CPU? Did you had to limit couchdb? For elasticsearch's JVM i know you
can set 'max-mem' ...

Thomas
From: Luke Driscoll [luke.driscoll@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:25 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: CouchDB and Elasticsearch on same machine

We run this set up in QA with no real trouble, although we don't have very
high traffic on that box.  I would suggest you give the box a couple of
cnames, like test-couchdb and test-elasticsearch; then when you create the
indices on test-elasticsearch you point them to test-couchdb; this should
help separation in the future.

Luke