couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Hommers <>
Subject RE: CouchDB 1.2.0, Amazon EC@ & Amazon Linux AMI
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 03:43:45 GMT

just saw that CouchDB is also available as Turnkey Appliance, also for Amazon EC2 !

I haven't tried it yet, but from my experience with other TC appliances this could be great.

From: Wendall Cada []
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2012 5:52 AM
Subject: Re: CouchDB 1.2.0, Amazon EC@ & Amazon Linux AMI

I created an rpm spec for 1.2.0 and instructions for building
spidermonkey 1.8.5 We
currently use this in production on Amazon Linux. Build the rpms. Update
spidermonkey. Install couchdb. Done.

On 09/01/2012 05:14 AM, Martin Hewitt wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just wondering if anyone has a successful build script/process for CouchDB 1.2.0 on an
Amazon EC2 Linux AMI instance?
> It seems to be similar to CentOS, but my usual, hardened, CentOS deployment process isn't
working - when I come to make CouchDB, I get the dreaded "couchdb implicit declaration of
function ‘INT_FITS_IN_JSVAL’" error and it bails out.
> The only difference I'm finding so far is that, in order to compile SpiderMonkey, I'm
having to download an .rpm for autoconf-2.13 as the Amazon yum repos don't seem to have it,
where the CentOS repos do.
> However, all the steps complete satisfactorily, and SpiderMonkey compiles, but by the
time I get to make-ing CouchDB, I get the above error.
> In pseudo-script, my process is:
> * Add RPMForge repo
> * Install dependencies: libicu-devel openssl-devel make gcc js-devel libtool which ncurses-devel
icu libicu
> * Install ERLang
> * Install SpiderMonkey deps
> * Download SpiderMonkey source
> * autoconf-2.13/configure/make && make install
> * Download CouchDB source
> * configure/make && make install
> ...which is roughly where I get stuck.
> Any advice would be hugely appreciated.