couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Hommers <thomas.homm...@ebalu.com>
Subject RE: CouchDB 1.2.0, Amazon EC@ & Amazon Linux AMI
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 03:43:45 GMT
Hi,

just saw that CouchDB is also available as Turnkey Appliance, also for Amazon EC2 !

http://www.turnkeylinux.org/couchdb

I haven't tried it yet, but from my experience with other TC appliances this could be great.

Thomas
From: Wendall Cada [wendallc@83864.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2012 5:52 AM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: CouchDB 1.2.0, Amazon EC@ & Amazon Linux AMI

I created an rpm spec for 1.2.0 and instructions for building
spidermonkey 1.8.5 https://github.com/wendall911/couchdb-rpm. We
currently use this in production on Amazon Linux. Build the rpms. Update
spidermonkey. Install couchdb. Done.

Wendall

On 09/01/2012 05:14 AM, Martin Hewitt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has a successful build script/process for CouchDB 1.2.0 on an
Amazon EC2 Linux AMI instance?

> It seems to be similar to CentOS, but my usual, hardened, CentOS deployment process isn't
working - when I come to make CouchDB, I get the dreaded "couchdb implicit declaration of
function ‘INT_FITS_IN_JSVAL’" error and it bails out.

> The only difference I'm finding so far is that, in order to compile SpiderMonkey, I'm
having to download an .rpm for autoconf-2.13 as the Amazon yum repos don't seem to have it,
where the CentOS repos do.

> However, all the steps complete satisfactorily, and SpiderMonkey compiles, but by the
time I get to make-ing CouchDB, I get the above error.