couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: following fast doc updates
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 00:46:32 GMT

On Sep 25, 2012, at 11:31 AM, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com<mailto:mark@hahnca.com>>
wrote:

The _changes feed only ever shows leaf revisions

AARRGGHH.  I am so screwed.  I have been working on a scheme that relies on
tracking every change.  And as everyone knows there is normally no way to
find out what changed in a doc.  I am going to have to add a history of
changes to each doc which it not only wasteful, but a pain to implement.

Seems like this should be doable. When the _changes feed says a doc has changed, you can fetch
that revision with its history, then look at the history to see whether there are any intermediate
revisions after the last one you knew about. If there are, you can fetch those too.

—Jens