couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject couch has docs!
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:02:22 GMT
Hi,

After much hand-wringing & gnashing of teeth, we now have a /docs/
branch in git[1], [2], and available online [3]. A huge thank-you to
Dirkjan Ochtman, Alexander Shorin, and the tireless Jan & Noah to make
this happen. The single biggest thing you can do as thanks, is to send
us improvements, in any form you feel comfortable, and in any size.

Sending in changes & fixes should be as easy as 1-2-3:

1: fork locally with git, or github
2: edit the .rst format [7] files either in the slick github UI, or in
your favourite editor
3: send a pull request, mail, jira, or a patch as you prefer

I hopefully documented those steps [4] so please let me know if it
works. Live Long & Document!

Notes & Tips:
- /docs/ lags master a wee bit, nothing serious
- feel free to use COUCHDB-1536 for tracking any integration work in
the /docs/ branch
- you can use pandoc online [5] to convert from your favourite format
- it looks like github lets you edit in markdown but send in changes
in rst format

[1]: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=tree;f=share/docs;hb=docs
[2]: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/tree/docs
[3]: http://couchdb.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html