couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Problems installing CouchDB 1.2.0 in Ubuntu 8.04 Server (HardyHeron)
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:26:39 GMT
On 12 September 2012 13:15, Daniel Gonzalez <gonvaled@gonvaled.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the git repo (git://github.com/apache/couchdb.git) for this
> install.
> I have selected tag 1.2.0. I do:
>
> ./bootstrap
>
> And then:
>
> $ ./configure
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... no
> checking for mawk... mawk
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
> ./configure: line 3698: syntax error near unexpected token `win32-dll'
> ./configure: line 3698: `LT_INIT(win32-dll)'
>
> What does this error mean? Has somebody been able to install CouchDB 1.2.0
> in Ubuntu 8.04 Server?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Most likely that your version of autotools is older than when LT_INIT
was supported.

You can safely remove that LT_INIT line & retry, or alternatively the
release .tgz may work better for you than the git tag checkout.

FWIW I think we released 1.2.0 using autoconf 2.69 or thereabouts, and
likely a close relative of libtool as well.

autoconf -V yields 2.69 on my mac.

Given ubuntu 8.04 LTS ended last year, I don't see a need for fixing
this unless we could ensure LT_INIT(…) ran only for windows
configure/builds.

A+
Dave