couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Include CouchDB in Windows Application
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 08:29:18 GMT
On 1 September 2012 07:54, Ido Ran <ido.ran@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some news about running CouchDB in Windows.
> I've run the setup application setup-couchdb-1.2.0-otp-R15B.exe and install
> it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\CouchDB (which is
> the default installation location for 64 bit windows).
>
> I've then start to copy directories into my home directory to see what
> needed and what needed change.

There's a list of these in slim_couch.cmd [1].

> I've end up with those directories:
> - bin
> - erts-5.9
> - etc
> - lib
> - share
> - var
>
> I had to change bin\erl.ini to point to the couchdb directory as absolute
> path.

You can use relative path or IIRC even no erl.ini at all [2].

> I then try to remove unnessesary files. I was able to go into the CouchDB
> directory into lib and search and delete the following directories:
> - src (src, c_src, java_src)
> - example
> - include
>
> This remove about 41MB.

Ditto [2] currently CouchDB ships with a full erlang install. I'd be interested
to know if anybody actually requires this now or not.

> This means I can copy all of the files I now have in my home directory
> during the setup of my application, rewrite the path in erl.ini, rewrite
> values in etc\couchdb\local.ini, for administator, port, url, and run
> CouchDB as child process of my main application. This way I'll have control
> over starting and stopping CouchDB for my application.
>
> Have I missed something?

Use relative paths & this should be "copy all files" & you're done. Otherwise,
LGTM. Do let me know how Hebrew path elements work out with erlang!

[1]: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jeifcxpbtpo78ak/su5OLiAyiI/misc/slim_couch.cmd

[2]: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/201203.mbox/%3CCAHZBNKamEANRQFgrk7yXfyfd7HsH2HKd8+SbqjoBTb=wbfOnUA@mail.gmail.com%3E

A+
Dave