couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Problems installing CouchDB 1.2.0 in Ubuntu 8.04 Server (HardyHeron)
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:41:14 GMT
On 12 September 2012 14:40, Daniel Gonzalez <gonvaled@gonvaled.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dave,
>
> That worked fine. I am now performing the following processing before
> calling configure:
>
>     if [ "$UBUNTU_VERSION" == "hardy" ] ; then
>         # Problems in Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron
>         sed -e 's/^LT_INIT/#LT_INIT/' configure > xxx
>         mv xxx configure
>         chmod 755 configure
>     fi
>
> And it is installing fine. I get a bunch (1467 times!) of strange errors
> while building ("[couchjs] reserved slot index out of range"), I think
> while doing "test/etap/072-cleanup", but it does not seem to affect.

I bet it does effect something.

This was reported on mongodb lists a while back;

> I've seen this happen before when the headers used to compile don't
> match the library.
> You should make sure there isn't a conflict between the version of
> spidermonkey you build yourself, and your system version.

If you can, build using this specific version of SM[1] and use the
various JS-* flags in configure to force detection & usage of that.
You're better off if you can remove any XULrunner or js-devel packages
lurking around, but that's not always an option.

[1]: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/SpiderMonkey/1.8.5

A+
Dave