couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: API to list deleted docs, or deleted revs of a doc?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 01:17:54 GMT
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
> I’m writing a GUI app to browse the contents of databases, mostly for debugging/troubleshooting
purposes. It currently lists all the existing documents, as Futon does, but I’d like to
be able to show all the _deleted_ documents too. But I can’t find a query in the API that
will do that. Effectively I want something like “GET /db/_all_docs?includedeleteddocstoo=true”.
Is there such a thing?

I can't think of any way to iterate these. I know for a fact that
views filter them out with no option to not do that. And I don't
remember anything for _all_docs off the top of my head.

> Similarly, my app will show the entire revision tree of a document, including the branches
if there are conflicts. It does this by using ?open_revs=all to get the rev IDs of all leaves,
and then ?rev=XX&revs_info=true on each of those revisions to get its history, and then
merging the histories together. But this doesn’t find already-deleted branches, because
they’re not returned by open_revs. Is there a way to get those too?

> —Jens

Pretty sure you have the only viable way. I've been meaning to add an
API that'll return the whole tree just for this exact scenario.