couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: recovering data from an unfinished compaction db
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:00:41 GMT
I'd ignore the snappy error for now. There's no way this thing ran for
an hour and then suddenly hit an error in that code. If this is like a
bug I've seen before the reason that this runs out of RAM is due to
the code that's searching for a header not releasing binary ref counts
as it should be.

The quickest way to fix this would probably be to go back and update
recover-couchdb to recognize the new disk format. Although that gets
harder now that snappy compression is involved.