couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Rudi Benkovič <ru...@whiletrue.com>
Subject Re: recovering data from an unfinished compaction db
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:42:20 GMT
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> The quickest way to fix this would probably be to go back and update
> recover-couchdb to recognize the new disk format. Although that gets
> harder now that snappy compression is involved.

I've tried upgrading recover-couchdb to 1.2.0 couch codebase, but my
total lack of Erlang experience and CouchDB's internal really isn't
helping. :) I've contacted the maintainer of that project, hopefully
it isn't that big of change. BTW, if anyone else wants to do that, I'm
happy to sponsor the work.

How hard would it be to just grep the compacted DB, extract data
around kv_node headers and decompress Snappy data with an external,
non-CouchDB-Erlang program? I'm willing to write the thing in C#, just
some basic pointers to the DB structure and what data gets compressed
and where the Document IDs and attachments data gets stored.

Thanks.

--Rudi